Monday 2 May 2011

Hello friends.... this is me Meenakshi Palaniappan. I am basically a nutritionist very very much interested in cooking. This step of mine, starting a blog is purely because i love to cook like anything and i keep it a habit to capture them with my camera... of course it is just with a Sony digital camera and not a professional SLR. but still i love it.... and there are whole lot of people encouraging my cooking. It all started so early i don't even know exactly when... i think it started with my mom leaving me and my day for few days when she goes to my native that my dad makes dosa for me.... or when i was the one at home when my grand ma had a fever and i ended up cooking.... or was it when my mom and dad went out-of-station leaving me and my bro with a container full of idly batter and side dishes and vegetables cooked and stocked in the refrigerator as that started to bore our taste buds i cooked for him..... but it just started.

I always wanted to do my degree in Catering and Hotel Management... but i ended up with Nutrition and dietetics. But still enjoyed it. Me and my friends ran a cafeteria in college catering for the whole college for two weeks.... thus got a bit popular. And not to tell, am always popular among my folks..... my home was a best learning ground. what ever the flaws were, be it over salted or salt less; under cooked or over cooked people always tried to put up with me.... told me what went went wrong and always ate spoon full. That obviously was the reason i am writing this blog now.

Now today when i thought to start this blog my plan is to post recipes that are purely chettinad, the reason i say purely chettinad is mainly because today we have so many restaurants calling themselves "chettinadu restaurant" but with no authentic or near to authenticity. Trust me, my recipes posted here will sure be authentic as i come from there.... yeah i belong to karaikudi.

Eating out today has become very expensive on the other hand cooking is fun.... joy.... adventurous.... experimental.... and can change your mood. Cooking helps my mood swings. When you know to cook, especially for people who are single, we dont have to be dependent on a hotel, mess or restaurants; for girlz at home we don't have to depend on mom, u cook and serve her too she will be more happy to give you permission for a night out with friends; and for would-be-brides knowing to cook is an easy way to win your spouse heart and love.

That is all for day one. I have my husband waiting for dinner as i promised to make parotta today... we will see loads of recipes of all sorts for all sort of people in days to come. Bon Appetit !

No comments:

Post a Comment